Saturday, 18 February 2012

Crazy Tree!

It's another Snapshot Saturday!  Snapshot Saturday is hosted by At Home With Books and I must say I'm having a ball getting out there and using my photographer's eye again.  Today, I've got something a little different - more in the line of Believe It Or Not. 



And here it is from another angle -


Yep, there you have it. A tree growing out of one of our street signs! The tree is our national tree - the White Cedar which has those small papery seeds that will germinate anywhere. I think this may be a metaphor of some kind but I don't really want to go there. lol!  Oh, and if you look closely, you can see that it's actually flowering!


To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and leave your linky at At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

17 comments:

  1. I guess they really will grow anywhere. The sign looks like it needs the circle and line redone too, from a distance it would just look like a right turn arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat! Such a determined tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that is a funny tree! I had to look hard to see that there was apparently . . . no trunk? except for the signpost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing your "crazy tree," which does look like something you'd see on Ripley's Believe it or Not.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that's funny! That tree is determined to live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree and the sign definitely having a difference of opinion there. Wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I didn't really get what was unusual about the photo. That is so odd and neat that the tree can grow like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! I admire the way that seeds will find a spot in an otherwise inhospitable environment and put down their roots - very determined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These trees grow in gutters, cracks, anywhere at all. Glad you liked the photos, people!

    @Jill - the two signs appear to have been cobbled together. Our RVIPF is always complaining about how traffic signs are done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right...that is just crazy. One determined tree!

    Here's my snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-snapshot-valentine-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is plain weird but a tree is a tree no matter where it grows.
    ~Naila Moon

    http://imaphotographicgenius.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-snapshotyummy.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tree looks normal until you see it from both sides. I bet it will outlive the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't heard of snapshots Saturdays! Good idea. I found you on Blogaholics and now following you on everything! Natalie http://bridgetsdaughter.blogspot.com
    http://inmygarden-daisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by Natalie - those were some good jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whenever I see a tree growing somewhere unusual I always think of nature's capacity to adapt and outsmart us. That one is great! I'm glad your council hasn't chopped it down, I'm sure ours would.

    ReplyDelete