Saturday, 11 February 2012

Snapshot Saturday!

It's Saturday which means it's Snapshot time!  Saturday Snapshot is a fun meme hosted by At Home With Books where you can find links to people posting pix from all over this little globe we call home so check them out.

Main Street, Tortola
I like to take photos of patterns and colours and this is one of the shots I took recently.  In one of the other pix I left out the blue shop so all you see is the pink and you're not really quite sure what you're looking at.  These are a couple shops on Main Street, Road Town which have preserved one of the traditional building styles.  In Barbados these are called chattel houses because they can be picked up and moved on the back of trailer to another location. 

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link at At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all to see.

13 comments:

  1. This one is so artistically designed...love the color. I've seen these in movies, but up close, this one looks very colorful and cozy.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how even something as simple as a chattel house is painted such fun and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sisters love Barbados and visit often. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the different colored buildings. We seem to see that often when visiting the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How colorful! I love the bright colors and I bet the close-ups have really interesting patterns.

    Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all. I love the jewel-like colours, too! Yes, Diane, we're not afraid of colour! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buildings painted like that. They look cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photograph.

    Houses look very colorful.

    ReplyDelete