Monday, 16 April 2012

Lucky Se7en Meme Blogger

Thanks Paulita for the Lucky Se7en Meme blog award!

As part of the award, I have to go to page 77 of my current work in progress, scroll down to line 7 and copy down the next 7 lines or sentences.  I've tagged 6 (I know, I know it should be 7) authors to do the same thing so we can keep this going.

This is from an as yet unnamed paranormal/horror manuscript I'm working on -

Mark looked uncomfortable.  “Got better uses for his officers, I guess.”  He became absorbed in rubbing a dent in the countertop. 

“Huh.”  Something didn’t add up but I couldn’t figure out what it was.  I wondered if I’d become a bone of contention between him and his boss.  It stood to reason; there was no way the Chief could be happy about Mark going from surveilling me to suddenly playing house with me.  I don’t know too much about law enforcement but that would seem like one of those things higher ups frown on. 

And now for my nominations:-

Tara Chevrestt

Delaney Diamond

Anita Davison

Empi Baryeh

Diana Bold

Myne Whitman

OK, I know that's six, not seven but I'm new to the whole blogging writers thing and I live on a tiny island where meeting writers who blog doesn't happen every day so bear with me. 




8 comments:

  1. Fascinating Blog Eugenia, and thank you for adding me to your Meme list. It all helps to in this self-promotion thing so important to writers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a wonderful meme award. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sidne. It was lovely of Paulita to extend it to me!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Eugenia. Thanks for the nomination. I actually did a Lucky 7 a couple of weeks ago on my blog. Love your snippet, especially this line: I don’t know too much about law enforcement but that would seem like one of those things higher ups frown on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Empi. This particular manuscript needs a major rework - I'm changing the setting and possibly most of the characters. I don't even know if that line will make it through the slash and burn!

      Delete
  4. I'm a writer who blogs if you ever want to tag me for anything in future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eugenia, This WIP looks intriguing. Thanks for participating and funny that you're trying to change it to lucky six award (LOL). Hope your nominees keep it going.

    ReplyDelete