Saturday, 12 May 2012

Views of Road Harbour, Tortola - Snapshot Saturday

Road is the old nautical term for harbour which was how Road Town, the capital, of the Virgin Islands got its name back in the 1600s.  These are a couple shots of the main seaport of entry in the heart of the town.  The pictures were taken around the same time on different days.

The white boat with the red stripe is one
of the ferries to St. Thomas in the USVI.

The rising sun gives this one a rosy glow.

In this shot you can see another of our ferries - the green boat.
In case you were wondering, the huge building will one day be our new hospital.



Snapshot Saturday is sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

18 comments:

  1. There must be a beautiful view out of those windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there will be but I hope never to find out! lol!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Love both of those shots and how the lighting changes them. That will be a pretty hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to be by that waterside right about now! Bet it is warm and sunny ... I have always wanted to visit your part of the world, but alas, so far it hasn't been in the cards!

    Prime real estate ... that hospital! What views it must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - great views! Might help with recovery!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love ferrying to islands...I've never been to these islands, but I'm grateful for the peek into your gorgeous world.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the color changes--and those splashing waves are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely spot. One of the many places in the world I've yet to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it would be a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I ever have to be in a hospital, one with gorgeous views like this would make me get well sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine living near the shore and seeing such gorgeous scenery. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful view. A great place to live. Loved those!


    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the many places I have to visit.Do you have jackfruit in Virgin Islands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackfruit is absolutely one of my favorite fruits but, sadly, we don't have it here. A friend brought me some seeds from Jamaica and I tried - they all germinated but after I set them out, they died one by one. I suspect we are too dry.

      Delete
    2. I ve been to the brit island severel times I does like it dare more pleasant than the rock

      Delete