Saturday, 21 July 2012

Snapshot Saturdays! Birds of the BVI

Today, I'm once again participating in Snapshot Saturday which is sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

There's an area where I go walking in the early mornings which is sometimes flooded after heavy rains.  It makes the sandy ground difficult to walk in but the birds love the new ponds!

Laughing Gulls (they make a ha ha sound.
I like how the one on the left looks so dainty)


A Great Egret!
Great Egrets are not very common in the Virgin Islands so I was quite surprised to see this one!



The Great Egrets are quite elegant, aren't they?






17 comments:

  1. Great birds! I would love to hear the ones that go "ha-ha"! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics - the birds are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egret is lovely - the second pic of him, standing, with his reflection in the water, is gorgeous. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/ha45K

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been awhile since I've seen an egret, they really are lovely birds. thanks for sharing your pictures, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the one gull looks like he might be saying, "Oooh! It's too cold! Don't want to put my feet in it!" Either that or he's dancing. :-)

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes! That's exactly what he's saying!

      Delete
  6. Nice to know some parts of the world are not in the same drought situation as our Midwest. Lovely photos and the reflections are so delicate looking.

    Thanks for visiting my old wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Elegant is definitely the right word for the egret.

    My Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  8. That egret is just CRAZY elegant and gorgeous. I mean -- it almost looks not real. Like some kind of perfect.... ornament!
    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Eugenia ! Do you know I've never seen an Egret in person. I've gotta find one !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bird photos and yours are beautiful! I like the way the gulls are mirrored in the water.

    ReplyDelete