Saturday, 4 August 2012

Isaac Newton at the British Library - Snapshot Saturday

I was doing some research a couple years ago and loved hopping off the bus or exiting King's Cross Station and rounding the corner into the courtyard of the British Library where this statue is situated.  Yep, that's the London sky.  No re-touching necessary.  It was a gorgeous day when I took this picture.

Isaac Newton


It's Snapshot Saturday time, Snapshot Saturday is a great meme, sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.









llll

18 comments:

  1. Lucky girl to be in London! I'm green-eyed! Isaac looks entranced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shot! I wish I could be there to enjoy this...my son and his kids are definitely having quite the experience there.'

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love the color of the London sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a postcard. Nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting statue--sort of a mix in style of modern and ancient. I'm heading to the British Museum in, hmm, about six weeks. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't miss it! It's on the left side - in front of the stone benches along the wall. The British Library and the Museum are now separate, though - the Library is at King's Cross.

      Delete
  6. great shot, very interesting statue there-- Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Perfect lighting and background color to contrast with the statue. I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited the British Library about seven years ago. Seeing that makes me wonder what else I either missed seeing or have forgotten about. I'd love to visit it again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look like a postcard. I keep trying to persuade my husband that we should spend a few days in London.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great image of an amazing sculpture!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing sculpture and wondering what it's made of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picture! I would love to see it in person one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an interesting picture. I'm not sure about that sky though... I just watched the women's marathon in the pouring rain! I'd love to get to London one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great snap shot. Bronze statues are so cool♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shot! Hard to believe the sky, it's true. Here's a link to my photo this week: http://barbarathehealthynut.blogspot.com/2012/07/gone-hikin.html

    ReplyDelete