Saturday, 6 October 2012

Snapshot Saturday!

The City of London on parade!  These were taken a couple years ago when I was in London.  Any organization within the City's environs can take part so it's quite a diverse parade.  The Lord Mayor's golden carriage was last but I didn't get a pix for some reason.


I love the sound of bagpipes!







Today, I'm once again participating in Snapshot Saturday which is sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

13 comments:

  1. I love a parade! I especially love the bands that create so much atmosphere! And those mummers with their 'giraffes' are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was only afterwards, when I was looking at the pix that I realized they were giraffes. I just looked at them and thought dragons and "saw" dragons!

      Delete
  2. This does look like a diverse parade. The giraffe things are bizarre looking. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was a great parade. It is amazing the traditions that are kept alive each year through parades!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another parade lover here! London ones are always worth stopping for. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, there is something almost mournful about bagpipes...great shots!

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, cool! What a great parade. So much fun.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos make it look like a lot of fun! Very cool giraffes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love the giraffes best of all as well! Super parade. BTW, the title Water of Sunlight is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bagpipes too! So haunting and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those giraffes are fantastic. What a fun parade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's how I remember London! Any time I've visited there is always a parade or marching band doing something interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete