Saturday, 19 January 2013

Flamboyant in bloom - Snapshot Saturday

Today, I'm once again participating in Snapshot Saturday which is sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

Flamboyants (Delonix regia) are also known as Flame Trees and it's easy to see how they got both of those names.  They are also known as Royal Poinciana, named after a former governor of St. Kitts.


Playing around with some blurring effect to make it a bit painterly.

21 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colour - very different from my view today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely....flamboyant! lol

    Definitely a gorgeous color, and the blooms seem to show off their qualities. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous color ... and oh, so Monet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so beautiful! I love the effect that you used too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flamboyant is the right name! That is so beautiful - definitely like a painting. And it looks hot... cold and snowy here for my pictures My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/xnBo7

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you might have used some sort of effect on that. Very vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I've never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to see the flame tree again. It stirs memory of my growing up in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a vibrant tree! Thanks for sharing it. We here in eastern North America need some warmth and colour in our frigid days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the donut hole effect that you captured♫ Happy Week-end♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vibrancy and your painterly effect is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bit like a watercolour effect. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely painterly effects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flamboyant colour against the white house is a lovely contrast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a flame tree in Australia too, always lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh How Pretty, I just love the color!

    ReplyDelete