Monday, 11 February 2013

Dreaming of France


Today I'm joining a new-to-me meme dedicated to France and brought to you by An Accidental Blog.

One of the places I always said I had to get to in France (well, I'd like to get to every square inch!) was the Loire Valley and I finally made it.  Just for a one-day tour of three castles, though.  The tour began at an ungodly hour and ended quite late.  I was thoroughly exhausted at the end but I loved every minute of it.  These are pix of two of the castles - I can't seem to find my shots of the smallest and prettiest.

CHAMBORD



CHATEAU DE CHEVERNY

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.


4 comments:

  1. Great shots. I bet that was a trip to remember. Thanks for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I would love to see Chambourd! What a truly beautiful piece of architecture; it makes me sad that we don't make them like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we live in a wonderful world, and it's all just waiting for us! I have to get planning again too, before my Passport expires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did a very rushed tour through the Loire one day too- such an amazing place. Chambord is extraordinary isn't it?

    ReplyDelete