Saturday, 6 April 2013

Snapshot Saturday - boats

One of the ferries that goes between the BVI and the USVI arrives at the ferry terminal full of passengers and, in the background, a cruise ship docked at the much larger pier.  The ferries make about three or four trips a day between the two sets of Virgin Islands.  The journey lasts about 45 minutes though it can take longer on a slower boat or when the sea is rough.



Today, I'm once again participating in Snapshot Saturday which is sponsored by Alyce of At Home With Books! Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful view of the water and the boats! The blue of the sky and water are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, somehow that cruise ship looks out of place in a way. Great picture!

    Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo shouts lots of activity! Great capture. My SS: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/03/moonball-caught-in-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at how colossal cruise ships are when I see them in person. (We don't get them very often in Portland--every few years an intrepid small one makes its way down the river).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but I love ferry boats...love riding on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo. It just looks like vacation all the time where you live. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's certainly beautiful there. Those cruise ships are crazy big aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Smokes! Those cruise ships are massive! What I wouldn't give to have a small sailboat and a mooring in a nice little Carib harbor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo. I not one for cruise ships though:) Hope u have been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just feel the warmth! -beth

    ReplyDelete